Saturday, May 23, 2009

Relief Beads for Darfur...

A couple of days ago while searching online for pretty bracelets I came across this website: http://www.reliefbeads.org/, And I found some fresh handmade African bracelets. This website is runned by Relief International which is an nonprofit that raises money to support refugees in Darfur. They operate the second largest refugee camp, administer medical care at many clinics, and help treat malnourished children. With money raised they build the only women's center in Darfur.

I strongly support them. I think what they do is awesome. And I love their unique handmade bracelets. They look great in pairs of 3, and cost only $10 each. Oh and another thing: They are "green", so shop green! It's good for our planet.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! I'll definitely have a look there. Thanks for the link!

    C.Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete